Friday, May 9, 2014

Thanks Beyoncé - ….. I think!


Pretty shouldn't hurt!

I don't even know how I came across this video today, but I saw crowns and trophies (****squirrel ****)

Why is it that when ever anyone wants to make a point about inner beauty, enhancing self confidence and self-esteem and being proud of yourself they always showcase the down side of pageantry?  I mean COME ON, can we get away from the bad raps already?

I love Beyonce' as much as the next person, but I was a little offended at the negativity associated with the backstage pageant inference.  {Okay, for argument's sake forget about all of the seasons of Toddlers & Tiaras -----PLEASE :-)!! } Pageant really are a good thing, I've met some of my best friends competing against them in pageants!



In any event, I know how much I love pageantry and what I have gained from it.  I have seen countless young women earn scholarships, make lifelong friends, travel the world and promote platforms that bring light to many social ills as well as raise much needed funds for for a variety of causes.

So while I didn't too much care for the video (like the song). I am gonna say THANKS Beyonce' for giving me another chance to speak about the BEAUTY of pageantry.  Pretty shouldn't hurt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting.