Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Fairest of the Fair

Well, I don't know about you, but I have had enough of Mother Nature to last a good while.   I was so glad that this weekend was very moderate weather wise.  Sunday was even pleasant enough to enjoy a pre-Labor Day cookout/bar-be-que at a great family friend's home.

 
While sitting there chatting with her and some other friends, I realized that I have met some of my best friends through pageantry!  Who would have thunk it :-)  LOL.  You enter these competitions with one, maybe two things in mind - Do your best and of course WIN!  It's pretty rare that you go into them thinking you'll make lifetime, true friends.


All I can say is I am pretty darn pleased that my pageant journeys have made me cross paths and become intertwined with some pretty cool people.

And on that note, congrats to the new Mrs. Missouri America 2012 Tina York!!!!!  Yep, another great friend I made at the Mrs. United States pageant back in 2005!



Who says the fairest of the fair can't be friends!!!

1 comment:

Thank you for posting.