Sunday, June 19, 2011

Fire Engine Red and Emerald Green

Congratulations to the new Miss USA 2011.......{folks on the west coast, close this post now)

..................................................................Allysa Campenella !!!


I am so excited and pleasantly surprised, that for a chance, I was wrong :-) !!  Once the top four were announced, I picked Allysa to win, but deduced (based upon the past few years of watching and following Miss USA pageants) that she was too intelligent to win and would instead be first runner up.  However, after her interesting answer to her on-stage question, I figured Miss Texas would move into the first runner-up spot, with the feisty Miss Tennessee capturing the crown, moving Miss CA to a undeserved 2nd Runner Up.  Miss Alabama in the final four was definitely a surprise, she just didn't seem to pop - not Miss Universe ready.

But if you want to talk about irony, I find it hilarious that I was concerned that Miss California was too intelligent to win, yet she and Miss Tennessee gave the WORST on stage answers tonight and were left standing as the final two to vie for the crown. LOL, I guess the phrase "any given Sunday" definitely applied here.

As far as I am concerned, Alyssa and my hometown favorite, Miss Maryland Allyn Rose, totally owned the evening gown competition - a total return to Hollywood glamor.  They were absolutely stunning and I loved seeing the deep, deep color.  In my opinion, Maryland should have been in the finals, but that's neither here nor there now.  The former Miss California is definitely an acceptable choice to were the beautiful crown.




I've always been a fan of red heads and Allysa definitely does them justice.  I am excited to see how they will outfit her for the Miss Universe pageant, how they will highlight her fire engine red hair and beautiful green eyes.  I sure hopes she makes a good showing.   She is definitely in for a fun adventure and year, as she gears up for Brazil!!!  

Now that the pageant is over, maybe someone can explain to us pageant heads, what was with the group announcements moving throughout the finals......that I didn't like!   What happened to the ladies having their moments of walking out after their name is announced.  Donald Trump, that practice should be fired!!!  Let's return to pageant norms next year please.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting.